Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Ella's Trauma Pictures

I've struggled with whether or not I should post these pictures. The only reason I'm doing it is because Ella insists. She is quite proud of what she has endured with bravery and wants to share it with you. So here goes...




At the ER
She did not whemper at all with the IV and the first thing she said to me after the nurse inserted it was, "mommy take a picture"

She couldn't close her mouth...that just looks like torment to me...however, she was high on morphine. Yesterday, she made the comment "mom when I first broke my jaw I couldn't close it and now that it is fixed I can't open it"...poor thing just breaks my heart


this is when she got back to her room right after surgery



post-op night #1...once again feeling the effects of morphine. I just prayed and prayed over her this night



first day home with her own entertainment center in her room





we have had so many visitors (I'm sorry I haven't gotten all their pictures)...this is Kathleen from our small group



this was taken today...notice the swelling going down...yeah!!!!!


Ella's wires...today makes the first day that she is able to smile. Her lips were too swollen before


I'm sorry but she insisted I put this one on here. She wanted to make for sure you saw the top wires













1 comment:

The Cobb Family said...

Wow, Cari. Just wow. It brings tears to my eyes just seeing her pictures. She WAS very brave! I'm so glad she can smile again!

We have something for her that Katie wanted to give - something of her own. I was going to mail it yesterday, but it will get there faster if we send it back with Luke on Friday.