Thursday, May 20, 2010

International Food Fair

One of the things I love about being able to live in Blacksburg is the cultural experiences my kids have gained. Being one of the top 5 engineering schools in the nation, Virginia Tech attracts many international students. We now know how to tell the difference between Korean and Chinese languages, my kids can say "hello" in about 5 different languages correctly (hence, the word correctly...mom and dad can't do it to save our lives), and we have learned the American culture has much to learn from these other cultures. On this particular day my parents were visiting and we attended the annual international food fair in downtown Blacksburg. There were so many foods from so many different regions of the world. We decided on Egyptian food and our taste buds were definitely stretched!








1 comment:

Julie said...

Oh wow! We would have loved to do that... I wish I had a better way to keep up with local happenings. I love the family photo. ;)