I have to record this story somewhere because I definitely want to remember it. On Fridays, both my kids take an art class with several other kids. The teacher, Mrs. Jordan, was talking about shapes in drawing. To practice what they learned she had them listen to Tchaikovski's Swan Dance. She told them about the song and what was happening in the song. They were to create a picture to the music. In order to appreciate this story you have to know a few things about my kids. First, Ella LOVES art and she can't get enough of it. She even loves art history and appreciation. Her favorite type of music is classical. So to say the least this class is a dream come true for her. By the way, Ella has interests that Seth and I have never had and sometimes we just have to laugh that God gave us a child that in a lot of ways isn't a bit like us. Isn't God cool like that sometimes? Anyways, Ella ended up drawing two swans with this detailed background (I even caught her swaying to the music as she was drawing...I just laughed to myself and thought how much I love this girl) that was quite beautiful.
Luke on the other hand is not into art at all. He could care less and he cares less about classical music. Ella and Luke have frequent arguments about what music we are going to listen to in the car. I was concerned about Luke even taking the class and thought he would throw a fit. I was surprised that he seemed to be enjoying it, and he was actually drawing while the music was playing. Later, after the class, I asked him what he drew. He said, "I drew Indians fighting and cutting off each others heads." How the heck do you get a picture about Indians fighting listening to the swan dance? I know it may be one of those stories where you had to be there to really find it funny, but I just want to remember it because I found it hilarious. My kids are so polar opposite of each other, it's just not even funny.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh that is too funny! I can totally see this playing out!
we need more stories like this....
Post a Comment