As many of you know, Seth and I took a trip to NYC last week and getting back in our normal groove has been a challenge. Not only do we now have to get up early, Luke decided to give us a litte scare Friday. He woke up saying his belly hurts, I didn't think anything of it except he kept pointing to is belly button (periumbilical pain)...which happens to be one of the first signs of appendicitis. I thought "I am being over reactive and I will just wait". Well about 11:30 he randomly goes to his room, curls up in a ball and cries "my belly hurts" for over 10 minutes. If you know me, you know I always put off going to the doctor over colds and norml childhood ailments...but not abdominal pain. I call the doctor and make an appointment. Of course I know just enough about peds to scare me to death. I knew constipation was not his issue...so my mind went crazy. I was thinking appendicitis, small bowel obstruction, intussusception, etc... He was also very lethargic during this whole time, which frieked me out even more (there is nothing like having your child sick and you don't know what it is). Anyways, at the doctor's office, Luke even made the pediatrician a little worried, which made me feel better as his mom...that I wasn't a complete lunatic. We had to go to the hospital to get stat x-ray to rule out an obstruction and since he had no fever she followed up with him Saturday morning. She even called us Friday night to see how he was (I love my pediatrician's office). Luke ended up being alright and recovered quickly. She thinks it was probably a gastroinstestinal virus that just presented itself oddly. Needless to say, we are very thankful for Luke's health today.
If you live in the TeaysValley area and need a pediatrician...I would highly recommend Dr. Cottrill or Dr. Walker...LOVE THEM!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment