Thursday, January 8, 2009

What a Day!

Sorry for not posting, but life is quite hectic these days and adding sickness to it doesn't help. Luke and I have been fighting a cold that seems to have no end. I do believe that we are on the mend...finally!

Today was a great day for us or maybe I should say for me. Ella had a snow day and got to enjoy her day at home with me and Luke. The kids woke up to snow everywhere...they were so excited because that meant they were going to go sleigh riding. Only one problem...we broke our sled last year and didn't replace it. So off to Walmart we go, only to find that Walmart doesn't carry sleds. We decided to then try Target with a pit stop at chick fil-a. At target, we found our long awaited sled (actually 2)...you would have thought they won a million dollars. We go home to find out that our garage door is not working and that we can't get into the doors either because of the chain locks. Fortunately, my mom and dad gave us a surprise visit and Dad used his handy dandy tool, that he always carries in his pocket, to get us in the back door (he unscrewed the chain lock off the door frame). It turns out that the power is out...an 1 1/2 later it comes back on and I realize it is 4:00 and I still have to make food for homegroup and take a shower. Ella and Luke never made it sleigh riding today, but they did enjoy playing with their friends at homegroup tonight. Maybe tomorrow!

I know the story is anti-climatic, but honestly it was a great day for me. I really would like to start enjoying the moment more. I feel like I'm always thinking about the future and how great it is going to be if we do this or that, or buy this or that, or have another child, etc... I often fail to enjoy what I do have now. I have two beautiful children who thrill me. They are completely different in personality, body frame, looks, and likes. Today, I just enjoyed them for who they are. Ella was thrilled that she and I bought matching valentine day socks at Target. Luke is the most curious kid I've met...kept asking questions non-stop and I loved it today. At home, he put on his basketball outfit (thermal underwear shorts and a sleeveless shirt) and was telling us how he was playing the game...we had a great laugh just watching him. Ella drew me and her friend Katie pictures of princesses and was excited to tell me about it. Anyways, I think I have entered the rambling stage. I hope to have many more days like this where everything isn't perfect, but I take the time to enjoy the many blessings of my life!

No comments: