Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year's Eve

For New Year's Eve, we got together with some church friends. This was actually our original TeaysValley homegroup from years ago. We now go to separate homegroups because we have grown in number. It was fun to catch up and have some adult conversation. We also got to play some Wii...man that is addicting and very fun too. God has place some very special friends in my life that has seen us through many hard times this past year. Clearly I've learned that God is Good, but not safe. I've learned to trust Him more deeply and have really grown in the area of not comparing myself to others. He has a story for me and it's mine and nobody else's story. I do pray that this year might be a little easier, but who knows. One thing is for sure, He is faithful and gives grace and mercy in times of need. What an adventure He has me on!! Enough of my rambling, here are some picture of my friends. Thanks to the Johnston's for hosting.



Here are all the girls in the kitchen getting some girl talk in.



Here are the men hanging out in the living room


Some of the men playing doubles tennis on the Wii


Here is a video of our friends Jason and Monica playing boxing on the Wii...such great competitors




Here is me and Seth...I think Seth is quite hilarious (I actually ended up winning...woo hoo!)

1 comment:

The Cobb Family said...

That's great, Cari! I'm so glad you took some pictures and the videos! What a great time!