Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Random Things!!!!

Here are some random things that have occurred in our lives recently.





Last Friday, me and the kids were greeted with these notes that Seth left us before going to work. I'm so glad I married him!!!

Ella had a "Penguin Day" at school...at the end of the day they put on a program devoted solely to penguins. Her class had been studying about penguins the whole month of January. I learned that there are 18 different species of penguins, they have about 70 feathers per square inch, that King penguins weigh about 90 pounds, they molt every year, and lots of other random facts about penguins that I never knew before.
They even dressed like penguins...even had their noses painted orange

Some species of penguins...I personally like the Rockhopper




Here is Ella's teacher, Mrs. McKinney

This is Ella's first speaking debut. A little nervous, but she remembered all of her lines...yeah! This video doesn't do her justice. Here is what she said..."Penguins have shiny, waterproof feathers that help keep them warm. They have about 70 per square inch. Each year penguins molt losing their old ones and growing new ones." GREAT JOB ELLA!!!


Luke has a pretend construction site under our deck and has now officially hired 3 construction workers and named them appropriately... goofy, cheesebag, and turkey. You should hear the tales about them and their work habits. Hilarious stuff!
Ella has her first loose tooth...she should lose it sometime soon! I love seeing her grow up...I get so excited for her.
Luke is still obsessed with the trash man and the trash service. He even told Ella's principal this morning how the garbage truck uses 2 arms and not one to lift a dumpster...
Ella is starting to read independently...I just love it.
Seth developed strep throat recently and fortunately didn't pass it on to us!!
I had to start taking antibiotics for "walking pneumonia"...I hate taking antibiotics, but I have to admit I feel sooooo much better than what I have in over a month.

No comments: