As many of you know, our son, is a whiz at construction equipment, big rigs, and garbage trucks. It is not an overstatement to say that he knows more than me. In fact, he told me what an outrigger was a couple of weeks ago. He has a play tower ladder fire truck that has what I would call "legs" on it. On this certain day he was calling them outriggers and I was like what the heck is an outrigger? He proceeded to show me and I said...aren't those legs? Honest to Pete his response was..."Mommy, I used to call them legs but that's not what they are...they are outriggers, mommy...that's what they are called". I was flabbergasted...I couldn't believe that a 3 year old corrected me like that. I guess I'll have to get use to it, since I don't plan on becoming an expert on big machinery anytime soon.
While I'm talking about Luke, I have to telly you guys this cute story. Lately Luke has been taking big growth spurts. In fact he has grown over 1/2 inch in two weeks. Anywho, as I was tucking him into bed last night, I was telling him how fast he was growing and before long he would be a strong man. His response was, "will I be able to reach the sink?"...how cute is that. In his little world right now, he is very excited to one day be able to reach the sink.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
that's great! what a cute story about Luke growing up!
Post a Comment