Monday, December 15, 2008

The plague of the Stomach Virus

*WARNING: not for the weak in stomach

O.K. so here goes...Luke and I were plagued by a stomach virus Friday and Saturday. The kids actually spent the night with Poppy and Nana Friday and I get a call early on Saturday saying that Luke has been vomiting part of the night. I replied that's nice because I've been up part of the night too. At this point Seth is at work (yes, he sometimes works on Saturdays till noon) and I am so torn because I want to be there for Luke but I'm sick myself and don't know how I could get there without throwing up in the van. Well, when you want to see your sick child you just make yourself do stuff. I made it there without any complications...thankfully. I immediately held him and he fell asleep on me and then I had to puke again and had to wake him up...it was so heart breaking to not be able to comfort him the way he wanted me too. Seth came to Nana and Poppy's house early from work and took us sick people home. We lied around all day Saturday and watched movies. Ella was able to spend the day with Grammy and saw the movie "Bolt". Luke actually went to bed at 6:30 pm and didn't wake up until 8:30 am the next morning. Thank you to Nana and Poppy for taking care of my sick boy for a time, to Seth for being a great husband and having a servant's heart, and to Grammy for taking Ella so she didn't have to be around sick people all day.

No comments: