Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter

This year we crammed all our Easter activities into two days. Saturday, we dyed our Easter eggs and made Easter Story cookies...this was a very tangible way (especially for Luke) to explain the Easter story to younger children. Easter morning we gave the kids traditional old school Easter candy (peeps, cadberry eggs, and jelly beans) in plastic eggs. We attended church and took the "annual" Easter picture. The kids even had on matching outfits...I have to admit that I enjoyed dressing them like that. We then headed to my parents for Easter brunch....yummy! We had a Easter egg hunt at their house and enjoyed some casual conversations.



coloring our eggs
I wonder where Luke got his red tongue from?

I love the cowboy hat with the princess robe
Making Easter story cookies

Easter morning with their baskets and candy
Seth reading the the Easter story, while we got our cookies out of the oven (they were hollow...like Jesus's tomb on Easter morning)

I don't know if Seth if going to appreciate me posting a picture of him in his red robe
Easter Sunday pictures

Their matching outfits...I love it!

Love this picture
The Lyle Family


Easter egg hunting

Luke found one....Finally!

Ella found an egg!


















1 comment:

lillian said...

you do realize that luke looks exactly. like. you, don't you, cari!? so crazy how that happens! great pics!