Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Pittsburgh - Day 2

Sorry for the delay in postings. I took a trip to Duluth, GA (outside of Atlanta) for a family ministry conference...I'll blog about that on another day.



On Day 2 we went to the Pittsburgh Zoo, rode the Duquesne incline, enjoyed some "Pittsburgh" ice cream, and enjoyed eating at the Cheesecake Factory. At the zoo, the kids enjoyed seeing animals such as a snow leopard, penguins (macaroni, king, and rock hopper), giraffes, lions, tigers, elephants, gorillas, sea lions, polar bears, and many many more. One of the highlights of the day at the zoo was when the polar bears came face to face with us in a window...amazing. I loved seeing the kids enjoying the moment. Enjoy some pics of Day 2...



I love Pittsburgh for so many reasons, but here is one. I love how you go thru the Fort Pitt Tunnel and once you exit it, you are now all of a sudden in downtown Pittsburgh. The kids were amazed the first time we went thru it.


There is a tiger in the background


















This is a moment I will never forget...coming face to face with a polar bear






Chillin with the kangaroos

Here we are on the Duquesne incline...the kids and Seth loved it...I am realizing more and more how I do not love heights




Taking a breather



After dinner in front of the Cheesecake Factory ( We had the best Thai lettuce wraps for an appetizer and I had fish tacos that were to die for....yum!!!!)


No comments: